The expedited move to digital transformation has been a lifeline for organizations during the pandemic. Rapid investments in cloud services, applications and infrastructure helped staff to work seamlessly from home and enabled businesses to continue to service their customers. Now that organizations have been pushed over this “technology tipping point” there’s no going back. So, what happens next?
First, there must be a focus on building digital businesses on secure and stable foundations. IT leaders need to know these cybersecurity investments make sense from an ROI and cost-reduction perspective. In the post-pandemic era, every cent of spending must be justified.
This is where two new industry analyst reports shed some reassuring light on Trend Micro’s cybersecurity platform. Respected industry analyst firms agree that our customers can drive significant ROI and cost savings by consolidating with Trend Micro.
Where organizations are feeling the heat
Although digital transformation helped countless organizations through the difficult days of 2020, it unintentionally expanded the corporate attack surface. The situation is worsened by the modern threat landscape, which continues to evolve with more sophisticated and widespread attacks.
Security teams are finding that effectively securing their environments has become more difficult as they face gaps in protection from siloed solutions, a general lack of visibility, and an overwhelming number of alerts.
These aren’t the only challenges facing organizations as they strive to advance via digital investment. Organizations are experiencing:
- Limited in-house IT security skills and resources
- Excessive spending on multiple point solutions, which create silos of data resulting in limited visibility and protection blind spots
- Resource-intensive manual processes and time spent on administrative tasks
- Mounting breach costs, now standing at around $3.9 million per incident
- Security alert overload, making it impossible for SOC teams to prioritize signals
What the experts are saying
Against this backdrop, both ESG and Forrester calculated economic models based on typical corporate customers of Trend Micro Cloud One and Trend Micro Vision One. The results were significant.
Forrester explains that the Trend Micro Cloud One security services platform for cloud builders can deliver:
- Projected ROI of up to 188% and total projected benefits of up to $1.7m over three years
- Annual time savings on security administration of 2,100-6,200 hours via automation and posture management visibility
- Reduced cost of threat detection and response of 19-27% by reducing false positives and automating investigation and response
- Added value to development of 8-16% by reducing the time developers spend on security work and accelerating time-to-value of development work
- Reduced cost of ownership of legacy security tools of 8-26% by minimizing direct spend and outlays on servicing these tools
- Cost savings from reduced risk of a breach of 6-16%, thanks to improved security and employee productivity otherwise lost to downtime
ESG states that the Trend Micro Vision One extended detection and response (XDR) solution can drive:
- Cost reduction: of 63% for Trend Micro Vision One and 79% for those adding Managed XDR, through vendor consolidation, automation, more efficient triage and investigation and fewer successful attacks
- Security improvements: Trend Micro Vision One goes beyond XDR by analyzing and correlating security telemetry across security layers, allowing SOC teams to prioritize and respond to threats more effectively
- Business enablement: by eliminating siloed processes and views and supporting enhanced automation and streamlined business processes, enabling organizations to grow more efficiently
The value of consolidation
Vendor consolidation is a recurring theme across these reports, and according to a Gartner report from July 2020: “About one-quarter of organizations are pursuing a vendor consolidation strategy now, but an additional one-half of the organizations surveyed plan to do so in the next two to three years.”i
Why? Because under-staffed security teams are finding it increasingly difficult to manage the growing volume of tools in place across their organization’s networks, gateways, endpoints, servers and cloud infrastructure. They’re expensive to maintain, and a lack of integration between many of these solutions creates gaps in protection and compounds alert overload.
This is where Trend Micro’s platform approach offers real value. As the reports show, we offer comprehensive capabilities across cloud protection (applications, workloads, file storage, posture management, networks, containers and open source) and XDR which correlates security telemetry across layers (email, endpoints, servers, workloads and networks) enabling security teams to see more and respond faster. We are continuously innovating and integrating with third-party solutions, to offer industry-leading security at all stages of digital transformations so customers can confidently invest and grow.
Ultimately, our cybersecurity platform delivers a best-of-both-worlds scenario: Industry-leading technology + Deep integration to optimize operational efficiency, ROI and security efficacy.